LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Family

This week my  study became literally a part of my life. I was supposed to start this week to study the word Family. I thought alot about where I might take this weeks study. I had ideas that were good but boring . I just didn't feel it coming together for me.

Heavenly Father, knew exactly what I needed to be able to understand this topic.

The ride of a lifetime started last Saturday morning. We got a call from a very dear friend. Dedra took the call while I went back to sleep. Dedra was told about a little girl. Our friend told her that she was four years old, and that she needed a family to give her a home. Dedra told her that we would take her. Our friend told us that she would talk with this other family and get back to us.

All day long Dedra could not get the thought of this little one out of her mind. She kept telling me that the little girl had been on her mind. Not just a little bit!!! She was being consumed with the idea.

A few hours later she called me and said that our friend had called again. The friend told us that the family who had this little girl was willing to sign papers over to us relinguishing guardianship to us. They wanted to nullify their adoption and let us move toward that for ourselves over time.

Dedra was so excited. We got in the car and went to our friends home three hours away.

The next day we met with the adoptive Mother. She was really emotional but wanted the girl out of her home.  We met the father who was a stand up guy! He told us he just wanted what was best for Anna. I came home Sunday night and left my family there to work out the details. I had to be to work the next day.

I came back two days later. We met with both parents and they signed off on the guardianship papers. then we met with a soical worker who was helping us sort through this mess. She told us about a meeting they were having to decide if we needed to work through the courts or if we could just bring her home and work form here.

About 5:45 on Thursday they called us and said that Anna was ours and that we could bring her home.

There have been so many lessons of prayer, recognizing the spirit, watching the spirit work in our lives. Not only in ours but Anna's adoptive family, Our friends family and our family.

I truly have been well taught this week of the power of families. How it is in the family unit that we obtain exaltation. We recieve the most choice of heavenly blessings while cultivating these relationships.

How grateful I am for those who listen and follow the promting of the spirit.

1 comment:

Sunshower said...

...even from Childhood you were being prepared for this, it seems, Kenny. "We see as thru a glass darkly, and then face to Face"...we can't understand many of life's experiences, and then they become clear that He is SOOO working in our lives and working for our good and bringing us back to Him. Things that may have seemed hard or hurtful turn into RICH BLESSINGS to aid us in our Walk with Him.
I'm SOOO HAPPY for ALL OF YOU-I think of each one-You, Dedra, Anna and can't decide WHICH I'm HAPPIEST FOR!!! Each one of you---and OF COURSE OUR NICOLE AND MATTHEW, too, my heart is just SOO FULL knowing of your journey to this spot...
INTENSE, HEARTFELT LOVE AND CARING AND CONTINUED DREAMS for EACH OF YOU. It's INCREDIBLE HOW DEEP these feelings are about our family right now, isn't it?---Just unexpressable.
.................................
All my love to you Forever, Kenny-all of you-Mom