LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Monday, November 1, 2010

Watch yourself

Ever since I was a young boy, I have been told to be careful, to watch out of this or that. My parents were the first to tell me this. they made sure that my needs were met. They saw to it that when a correction needed made they let me know. (Typically, by warming my backside.) There have been many who have been there to make sure that I, at the very least, towed the line.

Each one of these people have touched my life. They have made sure that I have found the right way. Sometimes it may seem that I have stumbled on to what was so clearly in front of me. I will be forever grateful to those who have made me....well, me!

We must be willing to allow those around us to help us. Leaders, are in place that are called to guide and mold us. Nehemiah taught that we need to only allow the gates to be open when the sun is hot and when the night comes bar up the doors and set a watch.

There are times when we must help others. There are also times when we must allow our leaders to help us. Today we must work together to fight off the advances of the adversary. We must bar up our hearts and watch. Watch through the long night and rely on what we know is true!

When Christ was in the garden he came out to find his apostles sleeping. He asked them; if they could not watch. Even the strong can be affected. If we fail to watch Satan wins. He seeks to have us his. We must be watchful and pray for others to strengthen; and that can strengthen us!!

No comments: