LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prepared

During the election time of year I watch to wait and see what is going to happen. I watch to see who is going to win. I soak it up. I am a junkie for those kind of things. Last night the results from the latest election came in. I really was interested more in the local stuff than the national stuff. It is as if they are beyond hope now.

The local stuff has brought a lot of conversation my way. I was talking to a friend that was telling me how taxes save programs. I understand the logic behind what he was saying but I disagee with him. We left each other with a warm smile and we were better for having had a conversation.

I thought about it a bit more since and I read in Alma 48. While Amalikiah was gaining his power, Moroni was training his people to be a God fearing people. He was helping them to use the peace time to fortify the cities. He was creating a safe place for his people.

We should be placing leaders in postions that will fortify and work for us. We need to seek to be a God Fearing people. When we can accomplish that we will be able to move our families, our communities, and even our country forward into a brighter tomorrow!

No comments: