LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reflections

I thought many times this week about how my own prayers have been going. How I felt about my relationship with my Savior. There have been some very choice experiences as I have learned about prayer, this week.
I have a new respect for taking time alone. I have recognized the need for finding and preparing a place that I could go to and spend time with my Father. How I love that time. I have learned this week to make that time meaningful. I watched this week as my son; (who has seen me pray at the couch kneeling in the front room.) used the same spot to say his personal prayers.
I have come to know how important it is to follow those promptings to help others. I so enjoy serving others. It allows me the privilege to forget my own woes and help someone else. Even if that help comes in the form of communication. I have a friend who is always in some kind of crisis. I know, I know you could probably put me in this category. However, This friend just needed someone to talk to. they needed to feel validated and to feel hope. I prayed the whole time that I was talking to him that I would say something that might help him. The thoughts came quick. I was talking and I was able to echo the voice of the spirit.
Tonight, I had a truth hit me hard. I learned this equation:

Repentance + Prayer + Obedience = The ability to see the face of God
The verse goes on to say that not only will we be able to see him we will be able to recognize him. We will know him. What a great promise. If we will exercise our agency with these simple concepts we will be welcomed into the presence of the father.
How grateful I am for parents that taught me to pray. They taught me from a young age to be very comfortable in talking to a kind, loving God.
I know that prayers are answered. Often they are not the way in which we want. They are however answered in a time and place of our needs.

No comments: