LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Urgency!

Some time ago I felt a need to give a voice to the idea that we need to stand up. I have put it off. I thought what do I have to offer. Well, I have to get out of my comfort zone and just do start somewhere. So, I asked my wife what she thought of the idea. She was super excited about the idea. So, I hope that the ideas expressed here will help someone. Even if that someone is me.

It is important for the men of God to stand up and be counted. Now is the time to decide. What side of the fence are you on? There are two clearly marked sides, right and wrong.

There are to many of our sisters and children who are not seeing a rightous man stand up for the Lord. Too many are caught up in the mundane. They are focused on the worldly treasures that bring little of what really matters.So that then begs the question; What really matters?
For each, that list could be a little different. For each the first three should be the same: God, Wife, Children, and then we must look to our neighbors. What is going on around us that we can help with.
Don't ever miss an oppertunity to serve!
"who's on the Lords side who? Now is the time to show. We ask it fearlessly: who's on the Lord's side who?"
The hymn does not ask us who wants to be on the Lord's side. The chorus is asking each of us to make a conscious decision to choose where we stand. If we are looking deeper, truly it is a rally cry for all of us to step forward.
It would be very easy for us today to be negative. There is a lot to be concerned with. The news headlines of the day are almost redundant in the amount of hate and discontent that is in the world right now.
Much of the darkness that covers our world is complacency. No one wants to stand out of the crowd. Everyone wants to go with the flow. To some extint I believe that people want to do what is right....they just have a hard time knowing where to go and then do not want to be that person leading out.
Comfortable is not an option. If you are comfortable you are not growing! Now is the time to reach up and help those whose arms hang low. There are some who can only be helped by you! Will you Stand with me to help them?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TIME TO STEP FORWARD!!