LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pray for ..........

Each one of us at different times and reasons wander. Each of us need direction. Each of us must learn to feel and to recognize the source of that spirit. The only way that we will be able to feel that is to pray.

It is during these hard times that we need to pray for Strength. Ask for the ability to make it through to a new day. Sometimes that is all we can do. Endure we must to see our way back to our heavenly home.

I have two kids, who have recieved the Grandmothers curse that they become exactly like me. They ask questions all the time. Why is this? Why is that? Beware of tuning out that innocent question. That answer to their question may just be the thing that lights them on fire. Through questions we gain knowledge. It is through gaining knowledge we grow to understand the plan that our Father has for us. Pray for the ability to ask questions. Make your life a persuit of knowledge. When we quit learning we are no longer living. Find the new, in everything you do!

In our society today there are many who need help. Many who are crying out for guidence. Many who have left that iron rod and need a hand back. I recieved a call from a friend the other day. He told me of a mutual friend who had been doing some "research" and found "inconsistancies" and that he had to leave the church. It shook his testimony right to the core. My friend that called me asked me to call our friend. He said that he really needed someone who had the knowledge. I told him that I could not do anything more than what he had already done. Bare testimony and Pray for him. We agreed to fast together for our friend. I went to the temple fasting. I put our friend on the temple roles. The thought came to me that our friend knew what was right. and although he might wander he would eventually come back. I have not talked to this friend, since I heard the news. I know that many prayers are being sent to heaven for this brother. I know that prayer has power and it is the spirit that will touch the heart and bring him back. I just need to be the instrument for the Lord to do a great work.

1 comment:

Trevor Narvasa said...

I know that the Lord will bless you and your friend because of your sincere efforts. That is what makes you such an awesome friend. :-)