LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Monday, October 18, 2010

Stand up for the Holy Ghost

I find great strength that comes when I step back and listen for the sweet promptings of the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful for the times when I have been directed to do things in my life. Sometimes it has been things that I might not have wanted to do but things that I have needed to do.
I am ever grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who knew that we needed that help. Before Christ was ready to take on the atonement he promised us,
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."

When I think of a comforter, I think of a nice warm blanket that I can be comfortable in. In this day and age we need that. We need the ability to feel comfortable. We need to feel that the things that we are doing are manageable. The Holy Ghost gives us this confidence. It may not be easy but with help we are able to face the tough times.

Today, there is more and more shutting out the spirit than allowing it to work in our lives. As men we must have that guidance to help guide our families and help others find their way. We must be willing to turn off and tune in.

No comments: