LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stand up for family

Everywhere we look we can see the family being assaulted. From the media that we bring to our home, the numerous activities calling for our attention.

Satan is working around the clock to claim families. If he can claim just a fraction of a hold on a family he thinks he has an ability to cash in. His goal is for us to not experience happiness.

The times when I have experienced pure joy have been with my family. When my children were born, nothing can prepare you for that moment when that child enters your home. Everything changes, you desire to give them everything. The desire to protect and teach and nurture is instant.

I remember when my daughter was born. I was so excited to be a Dad. I was not excited to change diapers but we dealt with that. One day I was driving in the mall parking lot after she had been born. I thought I needed to be just a little bit more careful with her in the car. My wife asked me why I was driving so slow. I told her that I wanted to protect the baby. (I have since learned that it is ok to drive normal.)

If we are not willing to take care of these little ones, the world will! The way of the world is bumpy and tumultuous. Slowly but surely it will be a slow road to destruction for body and soul!

The Nephites were willing to fight to defend their families and their freedoms. So, many of us are stepping back and allowing others to dictate how we are running our homes. They tell us how to think......IN OUR OWN HOMES.

Now is the time to arm our youth. The arming of our youth needs to be with the full armor of God. I am not advocating violence. As a matter of fact I believe that the worlds weapons will never conquor the spiritual Armor of God: Your loins girt about with truth,The sheild of faith, The breastplate of rightousness, feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace, the helmet of salvation, the sword of the spirit.

Stand up and say enough is enough and take the reigns of our homes. No longer will be slaves to a world that is wicked and slow to remember the Lord.

It is time to call our neighbors to action. Arm yourself with the spirit of God! Seek to build up a Zion people!!!!

No comments: