LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

By their fruits

Sometime ago I was talking to my son. He asked me how I knew the church was true. At age 9 I did not have the words to tell him. I did not know how to share with him what I had come to know. When I tried he said "yea, but how do you know?"

Since that day almost a year and a half later I don't know that I can answer it any better now than I did then other than to say this.

If you try something out and wonder if it is right or wrong, pay attention to how you feel. Pay attention to the outcome of the things that you have chosen to do. It is very simple process that Moroni talks about in chapter 7. He say that all good things come from God. The things that lead us to Christ to rely on the savior these are the things that build our faith and give us hope. Hope that everything will be fine. Hope that God does exist and hope that we will one day, return to our Father in heaven.

Malachi, asks us to do the same thing referring to tithing. It is very simple actually, put the things that Heavenly Father has said to the test. See if he will not open the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing that there would not be room to receive it. Think of that the Lord is asking you to gain a testimony for yourself. Come and see!!!

Alma, says that even if your faith starts as nothing more than a desire, plant the seed. Nourish it and see if it will grow into something worth keeping. It takes work to keep a testimony. It constantly needs to be shared and you need to listen to the testimony of others to build your own. Other things that nourish that seed are: constant prayer, daily scripture study, and following the prophet.

The good things in life are the things that will lead us home to our Heavenly Father!!

No comments: