LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Friday, March 18, 2011

10 reasons why I have come to love the Savior

1. He invites, he does not demand.
The Savior, expects that we will come unto him and be partakers of the Atonement. However he does not take away our agency. He provides us with a simple plan; then it is up to us. It was Satan's plan, to force us. to make us less than our true potinential. Christ would have us continually be learning and growing and eventually make the choices that will lead us home. 

2. His hand is outstretched even if we are unwilling to (at the moment) seek him
The Savior is there with his hand outstretched. He may not like what we are doing. He will be there when we decide to finally call on him and seek his aid. It makes me happy to know that I have that ability to call and he will be there for me.

3. He calls me his friend.
My favorite scripture comes from the gospel of John Chapter 15:14-16. Christ tells us first of all that you are my friends. then he tells us why and then he says. "ye have not chosen me, but I have  chosen you. He seeks us to help one another. As we do we grow closer to him as well.

4. He is kind
Throughout the scriptures the savior has been asked for and each time he has come. He comes to us as we call on him. You know he cares about the things that you care about. If you have a problem he is there to help you solve it. When Joseph Smith had a question about what church to join he found an answer to his question in the scriptures. "If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God" The scripture goes on to say that he will not upbraid you or scold you for asking for help. he is kind

5. He is constant
Along those same lines he is constant. No matter what he will always be there for you. He does not change to our way of thinking. We are to turn our hearts to him. We are to seek him. He is as scriptures say the same yesterday today and forever. The great thing about that is that he can be our anchor. This sick world tosses us to and fro. We can take solace that we will be led out of those storms to peace if we are paying attention.

6. He is a great motivator.
Everything that I am I attribute to my elder brother. I would be lost without the help that I receive constantly from the spirit. The Spirit guides me to make righteous choices. I receive great strength knowing that I am doing the work of God.

7. He is an Teacher
I love the lessons from the scriptures that teach me how to be a better husband, and father even a better man. Christ's mission was to heal and free mankind from bondage of sin. Christ taught us by showing the way. He did what he taught. From baptism, to suffering in the Garden to the cross, his life was a lesson. It takes a short time to gain a testimony of the divinity of the Savior it takes a lifetime to master his teachings.

8. He listens to me.
Prayer is literally talking to God. He wants to hear form us. He rebuked the brother of Jared for 3 hours because he had not prayed. He wants us to share with his all things. From the mundane to the huge important things that shape who we are he wants us to have that line of communication. It need not be long and drawn out as long as it is sincere. There have been many times in my life when I have known the Savior was hearing what I was saying. I loose my keys all the time. The only way I find them is when I take it to the Lord. When I decided to move my family back to Washington from Kansas. I spent a lot of time making sure I was doing the right thing.

9. His compassion
I am so grateful for his compassionate heart. He wants us all to get back home. So, he came knowing that he would take upon him the sins of the world. He saved the woman who had been taken in adultry. He said "Let him without sin be the first to cast a stone at the woman." How beautiful. We could take a lot from that one lesson.

10. His love for me personally
I know he cares about me and knows me personally. He seeks to better me. He works in my life to sanctify me and molds me as I let him. I need him to be my advocate and if I am faithful I will be able to experience the love that he had in the Garden and on the cross where he died for me. I am grateful that I have a personal relationship with my Savior.

No comments: