LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Listen

Some of the sweetest experiences that I have ever had, have been when I have taken the time to listen. Likewise there have been many times when I would not listen. When I would see it only one way and I chose react. It is at these moments that I wish I could have backed up and slowed down to see all angles of the issue.

Listening to different ways to do things can bring new experience as well as provide opportunities to learn and grow. As a friend of mine always says there is more than one way to skin a cat? By listening to others we are able to recognize the different ways to get the job done. as long as we have the same end goal, why should we get lost trying to force our will. The fact of the matter is often someone is offended and not willing ot listen to you. Work hard at listening and you can solve many of these problems.

Listening helps both you and the other person be edified. When we are truly paying attention to those we are working with we will both feel the spirit and we will grow together. Often it is a listening ear that will calm rough seas. It is just being there to be the sounding board.

No comments: