LDS.org Home Page

Continuing Revelation

Monday, March 21, 2011

Understanding the Atoonement

I don't think I ever will fully comprehend the Atonement. I hope to be able to know all I can. I feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude as I contemplate the Atonement. Without I would be unable to attain my goals.

Christ taught that the reason why he performed the Atonement was so that none would suffer if they would repent. If they would rely on him the savior would bring us to the father and we could feel clean.

Isaiah wrote "With his stripes we are healed" I love the language showing us that the savior takes helps us. The graphic language shows us the sacrifice, the torture that the master would endure. That by so doing he would save us from suffering even as he.

On the flip side if we are not willing to take upon us the name of Christ, then the scriptures tell us that we must suffer as Christ has.

No comments: